Project Name: Prangarik aarambha
Project Period: Feb 2021- June 2021
Primary Beneficiaries: Paddy growing Small Holder Farmers
Background: Sustainable agriculture school (SAS)will be conducted in Nawalpur , Kawosoti targeting small Holder female farmers as a mere participant. It is a practical approach where there will be interaction between the scientific community and local farmers. SAS teaches farmers from production to consumption period to compost using scientific methods that includes training on preparation, time and method of locally available Fertilizers like Azolla production, jholmol, bokase fertilizers and other bio-pesticides. Furthermore, Additional training on conservation agriculture and knowledge about nutritional food will also be included
- General Objective
- To conduct Sustainable agriculture School in Nawalpur, Nepal
- Specific Objectives
- To train Farmers on Production Local organic Fertilizers like Azolla, bokase, jholmol
- To provide knowledge about conservative Agriculture and Nutritional importance of crops
- Field survey– After selection of Area for the conduction of Sustainable agriculture School SAS, Field survey will be conducted which include questionnaire interview schedule. Main purpose of the field survey is to build rapport with the farmers to increase their predilection to participate in the training and to know about their perception , knowledge about the problems ,importance , use and preparation of organic fertilizers.
- Group Formation– 20 farmers will be divided into 4-5 sub groups.
- Trainings- There will be trainings and classes on importance , preparation method and time of use of different locally available fertilizers
- Trail Step up-Trail will be set on Field dividing a Field into 5 sub-parts. On one part farmers will raise crops using their knowledge and fertilizers, and on other subparts crops will be raised using scientific methods and prepared organic fertilizer. Parameters will be set and measured every week in the field which can provide the appreciable difference between two methods. In this way there will be method and result demonstration of the fertilizers application in the field. Soil testing will also be conducted before and after trail to know the difference in fertility status. Each group will be assigned to monitor respective trails.
- SAS celebration day – There will be SAS day to provide glimpses of whole training and also knowledge dissemination will be done with other community farmers. All the farmers will be provided with incentives and certification for the participation.
- Interview Schedule- To know about the farmer gained knowledge,perception and constraints regarding the trainings
- Analyzing , report writing and documentation.